About me...

Novice sewer, novice surfer, novice traveller...



Tuesday 7 June 2011

San Diego

My Greyhound bus was late getting me to San Diego (I really dislike Greyhound, they lost another guys luggage on the bus I was on).  I finally got to my hostel at abou 6:30 on Friday evening.  It's weird how sitting on buses doing nothing all day makes you tired.

I only had one other girl in my dorm, her name is Corey and we went for a walk together right away.  I actually needed a pharmacy and she knew where there was one.  Then we took a nice long walk along the beach.

The Hostel we are at has beer pong every weeknight I think, we didn't have any beer but we hung out and at some cake (it was someones birthday).  I met 3 Australian guys from Melbourne and they were being really loud and obnoxious and had very broad accents considering they were from Beaumaris (putting them on a bit I think).

The next day I went for a surf in a part of San Diego called La Jolla (pronounced La Hoya).  I went with a guy I'd met the night before from Brisbane and a German girl.  They were kind of  Short board snobs but I had the last laugh because the surf was small and I Was able to catch more waves on the board I hired.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really enjoying your blog posts Alice. Sounds like you are getting around and meeting lots of people and seeing shitloads of stuff. Glad you got your luggage back. Love Kel xo

    ReplyDelete