About me...

Novice sewer, novice surfer, novice traveller...



Friday 20 May 2011

Arrival

Well here I am.  So far it's not as fabulous and exciting as you might think.  It's to be expected, the journey really took it out of me.

I got up at about 5am on Thursday, my flight was about 15hours of which I was able to sleep 30minutes, and I arrived at about 8am Thursday.  Here are some beautiful cloud formations that I could see out my window as we flew into LA.  I was bummed out to hear the captain say there would good views of the city on the right side (I was on the left) but I think I still got a pretty good show.
This one was the first one I took, but I think it's my favourite, the colours are perfectly reproduced from what I actually saw.

Clouds over water, like an upside down sky.

The clouds formations changed so rapidly as we went from flying over sea to coastline to land.



This one looked the texture of white fairy floss.






This was my first meal.  I was surprised to be asked how I wanted my burger cooked (I asked for medium rare).  It didn't come out that way, it was just cooked how a burger should be, not underdone or overdone.  It wasn't the best burger I've had in my life but it hit the spot, actually I don't even think I ate half of it.  I did polish off most of the fries, they were awesome.

I didn't bring any jewelery with me as I have a tendency to lose things.  I bought this a treat to myself at the airport after Mum had sent me off.  It's made by swatch and is stainless steel (good for me, in case I lose it).  I was drawn to the combination design, I think it goes well with the idea of travelling (after the one on your high school locker, combination locks are almost exclusive to luggage).  I have set it to read 2011 in the window, I think this year will be a really momentous year for me, big decisions have already been made and there will be more big decisions to come.  Also my flight number was VA011, a lovely coincidence.

Now for more sleeping I think.

1 comment: