About me...

Novice sewer, novice surfer, novice traveller...



Friday 6 May 2011

Feeling Nervous

I'm feeling a lot of pressure to be excited.  I'm sure excited is on its way but right now I'm preoccupied with work (Mothers Day is so big for as it's hard to see past) and the lists of things I need to get done before I go away.
  • Change credit card pin number
  • Suspend health insurance
  • Update c/c expiry date for automatic debits
  • Sort and fold clothes destined for the op-shop
  • Call acountant to organise tax stuff
  • Decide what clothes to pack
  • Update i-tunes
  • Book some accommadation
  • Purchase all new socks (why do they all wear out at once?!?)
  • Research Panasonic underwater camera
  •  Go to Torquay to get this suncreen I like (it doesn't come off when I surf)
There's more to remember, I'm sure of it, I can only think of important things when I'm driving to or from work and can't write it down for an hour.

And the big one that is really playing on my mind...
  • Cut out all 3629 hexies
It'll be beautifully portable and easy to work on on the road if everything is cut out.  I won't be able to iron fabric and I'm certainlty not taking a cutting mat with me.  I've started it but although it seems like I've cut out heaps, in the grand scheme what I've achieved is a drop in the hexie ocean.

I can't even really think about my lists this weekend - I'll be thankful for a few days off work, (the current count down is 2 days left of Mothers Day, 6 days left of work and 13 sleeps until I fly away....ok, maybe I am starting to feel a bit excited.

Ooh, I just remembered
  • Charge camera battery so I can include photos in my blog.

2 comments:

  1. I'm writing this comment to confirm I have read the above! Love dollface xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3629 hexies! Wow. How many (ish) have you done so far?

    ReplyDelete